Saturday, November 1, 2014

Haunted by dreams on Halloween

Its Halloween that past last night but I am still haunted by my unfulfilled dreams tied to the Mural Paradise by Hundertwasser and his friend Bro.


The project is evolving slowly of its own accord driven by an unseen Brownian Hand in the universe. I thought I would just drop a line to let you know I am still alive and working on it with redoubled effort and have not lost hope or sold out.


 It has been seven years and a half since I moved the mural and saved it from destruction. Since then its been the subject of 3 news stories and the NY Times recently contacted me to express interest in picking it up. After the last story that ran in the Wall Street Journal I got a call from a woman who offered $1.2 million. I thanked her for the offer but said we are not interested in selling prior to a restoration. Last year we almost got a $400,000 grant from a Bank interested in the public relations value of being the hero who writes the check that restores a cultural treasure and puts it in the museum world.

I want to make out a will that makes explicit what I hope will be the future of the mural and how I hope to leverage off it as a fulcrum to move the world and nudge it towards a path or restoration. The mural and the world are both broken and can both be restored if we act together. This is the whole intent of my social sculpture that is participatory and international. We have been documenting the journey and I anticipate some exciting chapters ahead. If I should die unexpectedly I hope others will honor my intent and pick up the torch to finish the race that began long ago.

Hundertwasser (www.hundertwasser.com ) and Bro were two runners in that marathon . It is a race to the promised land of Good dreams , the utopia that is possible. The world groans  in travail for the coming of true man.
Hunderwasser said his greatest work was in the awakening of identities and bringing others to their better selves. That is the design and purpose of our project. I will have to draw you out a treasure map that is detailed and shows you where the treasure is buried. I do not have time now but soon I will.

I have to go now the real world is calling and there are fires to put out. Please check out my EBook at www.blurb.com . It is in the bookstore but downloadable for free now and is informative and entertaining. Just search under its title "Restoring Paradise". The current version is an unedited proof and will be professionally edited soon and available in paperback , and hardback copies.

Best wishes from NYC .............. Chris Muth

No comments:

Post a Comment